Sunday 4 October 2015

Way to Germany .....


Its been several posts regarding interviews and science continuously. So today, I would like to blog on my recent first onsite in my 2 and half years of I.T experience.


It was a quick call to take out the chance of a 2 week short business trip to Germany. I was excited to go for it. One week was full busy with all business visa, passport visa stamping, foreign currency collection etc. Then the day came and I was like ready.. set... go.

 Being my dad's boy, I reached airport almost 4 hours earlier than the flight departure time. Bengaluru airport has got a single terminal which combines Domestic as well as International  flights. So there was no much place to hangout after checking in my baggage. As I wanted to carry Cigars for my friend who is already there in Germany, I took out the time to explore the duty free shops after checking in. From there I bought 1 pack containing 200 Cigars which was priced in dollars. I was like, why they are pricing in dollars even though the shop is in Indian airport. Later I checked the reason behind this. Even though I couldn't find a reason, I came across an article in DNA news website regarding the same "Only country that damns its own currency" . Even foreigners coming with an impression of incredible India loses the credibility of Indian rupee as they find they can't use the same in international duty free shops.



Article reference :

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/analysis-the-only-country-that-damns-its-own-currency-150940
So, I was charged with foreign currency conversion rate and some service charge  as I used credit card for paying. One of the Indians who was forced to pay in another currency in same soil. Ok...Now don't take an impression that I am blaming our nation a lot. I am just pointing out the flaw which I saw and felt. There are some upcoming circumstances where I felt I am fine & happy with my country ;-).

So rest of the hours, I buzzed through the songs and chats with my family and friend regarding the status of the journey.
Flight was ready for the set off ...I got in...settled on my seat. People are still getting their seats and settling down. Suddenly, One lady came and requested that whether I can swap the seats, so that she can accompany with her family who is sitting beside me. Without any hesitation I told ok, as in flight seat only matters if it is a window seat, and currently, I don't have a windows seat. So I swapped and went forward one row. Again I settled down and then again one girl came and asked to put her bag on top cabin. She was short and so was struggling to put the bag on the top. I took out the bag and helped her to make it into the place. Then I realized, she is my flight mate. She is sitting beside me. We had a small introduction and then the voice of flight taking off dominated. After the flight reached it's altitude, an air hostess came and smiled at me. I was like, ok ...there will be something she needs from me. As I am well aware, there won't be a smile from an unknown girl without a reason. And I was not wrong. She came and told " Sir, If you are fine, can you please take a seat at the front." . This time, I was like...little bit frustrated. I told her "I already swapped my seats once. Is it possible to find a another guy for this need". But that dint convince her. She asked again and told one girl wants to sit beside her mom who is sitting on the other side of me. I told ok and then went to the front row. This time, it was like some 5-6 rows front. I then settled down with a decision that I won't get up from here for another 8 hours.

After an half hour, I was trying to be comfortable by going through the videos and albums of the tv. By that time, same air hostess came and I was like ..what now?  . She came and gave me a small bag and told this is a gift for the pain you took. I felt good the way Lufthansa treated their passengers. I told thanks and took a look inside as soon as she went. They used to give this bag to Business class people, containing sweets and other stuffs for a nice flight travel. I had the sweets and then started to watch the movie "Terminator Genisys" . Slowly I went to sleep and all over the flight journey was good with less turbulence. I reached Frankfurt around 12.30 pm.


Just see the Style factor, awesome ?
Frankfurt airport is one of the great places to hangout. More than 3 terminals and each terminal is connected with trains and have got enough shops to explore. As Germany is well known for its automobile industry, you can see a couple of high end cars of Lotus, BMW etc showcased inside the airport.





Classic ..no other words to define!
Then from there, I took my next connecting flight to hannover , which was for 1 hour. I had my taxi booked for picking me from hannover to Hildesheim residence. So I was expecting a guy to hold the card with my name outside hannover airport. I was going through the pluck cards and saw one board with my moms name. As my seniours advised me, i figured it out that was for me. This happened because sometimes they use our surname. I got into the taxi and was ready for the first ride in Germany. Temperature was of 10 degree Celsius around and the traffic is like 4-5 cars on road in 10 km. Very less compared to India. Even population also. There was no difficulty in finding residence as all residences are identified with street and house number.


I Just loved this one <3 , White Warrior look



Days in Germany, will be in upcoming post. After that post, I will drop the rest interview topics.




No comments:

Post a Comment